I recently cleared the Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect exam and hereby I am sharing the list of study materials and the concepts of the GCP that the certification concentrates on.
I was part of the Partner program by google and got access to the following Coursera courses.
- Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure
- Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Foundation
- Essential Cloud Infrastructure: Core Services
- Elastic Cloud Infrastructure: Scaling and Automation
- Elastic Cloud Infrastructure: Containers and Services
- Reliable Cloud Infrastructure: Design and Process
These courses are designed to give you an overview of all the services in GCP except for Bigquery, Bigtable and other AI/ML services.
The partner program also gave credits to Qwiklabs, which actually provides a hands-on lab environment to explore and play with GCP services. The environments are designed to give a step by step instructions to perform tasks like “hosting a scale-able web application using instance groups”.
Topics covered in the Exam
- Compute Engine
- Instance groups and scaling
- Images and Snapshots
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Basic concepts and Commands
- Hybrid connection scenarios
- Load balancing
- Stackdriver : Everything about stackdriver
- Cloud Agnostic design concepts:
- Disaster Recovery
- Casestudies : Exam has 4 case studies out of which 3 of them are already listed in the website
- BigTable & BigQuery : There were a lot of questions on Bigtable and Bigquery especially on the costing and storage for logging.
- Time-series data for Bigtable. https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/schema-design-time-series
- Schema Design for Bigtable. https://cloud.google.com/bigtable/docs/schema-design
- Bigquery time partitioning tables. https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/partitioned-tables
- Bigquery cost optimization. https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/best-practices-costs
- Bigquery data loading https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/loading-data
- Organization, Folder and Project hierarchy.
Along with the courses, documentation and Qwiklabs there was also help from fellow techies, who shared there study notes with the world.
Overall it took me about 6 weeks of study and was fortunate to work on a highly complex GCP project for the same duration, I was able to clear it in a single attempt.